Terms and Conditions
2. Who we are
13. Trade marks
15. Legal details
2.1 We are ALDI Stores (Ireland) Limited. We are a designated activity company registered in Ireland under Companies Registration Office number 294035. Our registered address is 67/68 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2. Our VAT number is 8294035J.
4.1 We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. In addition, any part of our Site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it. As such, we do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be complete, accurate or free from errors or omissions.
6.1 General Access:
6.1.1 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our Site, or indeed our whole Site, at our absolute discretion.
Our Site is directed to people residing in Ireland. We do not represent that content available on or through our Site is appropriate or available in other locations. If you choose to access our Site from outside Ireland, you do so at your own risk.
We may limit the availability of our Site or any service or product described on our Site to any person or geographic area at any time.
6.2 User Access:
6.2.1 You must be at least 18 years old to register on our Site. However, you will not be able to enter any competitions to win age-restricted products (such as alcohol) unless you are over the required minimum age.
You will be asked to verify your e-mail address when you first register on the Site.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our Site or other content or services, you must ensure that they are kept confidential.
You must promptly notify us by email to email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our Site arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access our Site, [unless you have that person's express permission to do so].
We may disable your user ID and password at our absolute discretion without notice or explanation.
7.1 Contributions to our Site must be made in accordance with our Content Management Policy.
7.1.1 In addition, you must not:
• use our Site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• use our Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious software;
• conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to our Site without our express written consent (such as scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting);
• use our Site to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications, nor for any purposes related to marketing, without our express written consent; or
• access, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our Site, any equipment or network on which our Site is stored, any software used in the provision of our Site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
8.1 You acknowledge that some of the information published on our Site is submitted by users of our Site. In particular you acknowledge that:
• the views expressed by other users on our Site do not necessarily represent our views or values; and
• we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of any such information.
8.2 Please refer to the “Contact Us” page of our Site if you would like to contact us to discuss any comments or reviews shown on our Site.
9.1 Our Intellectual Property:
9.1.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
9.1.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page from our Site for your personal use.
9.1.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
9.1.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
9.1.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
9.2 Your Intellectual property:
9.2.1 When you upload or post content to our Site, it will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but in uploading or posting content you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, store, publish, translate and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
9.2.2 You further agree that we also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
9.2.3 You confirm that in posting or uploading anything onto the Site you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions set out in the Aldi Privacy Notice.
10.1 Domestic and private use: Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. Exclusion of implied terms: To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
10.2 Viruses: We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
10.3 Third-party websites: We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Liability for our products: Different limitations and exclusions of liability apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products by us to you, which are set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
• send you one or more formal warnings;
• temporarily suspend, or permanently prohibit, your access to our Site;
• block computers using your IP address from accessing our Site;
• contact your internet services provider, the law enforcement authorities, or any relevant regulatory authority regarding your use of, and access to, our Site;
• bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise;
• suspend and/or delete your account on our Site; and/or
• delete and/or edit any or all of your user generated content.
11.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our Site or a part of our Site, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (such as creating and/or using a different account).
12.1 When using our Site you may:
• link to any page of Site (provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, do not damage our reputation or take advantage of it and remove such links if we ask you to do so);
• not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists; and
• not frame our Site on any other website.
13.1 The ‘Aldi’ word mark and our logo are trade marks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
13.2 The other registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our Site are the property of their respective owners. Unless stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
14.1 From time to time we may run competitions and/or other promotions on our Site. These will be subject to separate terms and conditions (that we will make available to you as appropriate).
Content Management Policy
2. Who we are
1.1 This Content Management Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may submit content and reviews (meaning text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) to our website www.aldi.ie and our associated domains (our “Site”). This Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
1.2 This Content Management Policy does not require that the reviews posted on our Site are all positive. We simply wish to ensure that it is appropriate for our visitors and reflect the genuinely-held views of our customers.
2.1 We are ALDI Stores (Ireland) Limited. We are a designated activity company registered in Ireland under Companies Registration Office number 294035. Our registered address is67/68 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2. Our VAT number is [8294035J]
3.1 We welcome questions and comments regarding this Content Management Policy. If you would like to contact us please refer to the “Contact Us” page of our Site.
4.1 We may revise this Content Management Policy at any time by amending this page. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you if you continue to use our Site after such a change has been made.
This Content Management Policy was last updated on 22nd July 2016.
5.1 Registered users of our Site may post reviews of our products using the review functionality provided on our Site. Please note we only accept reviews from registered users as this helps to ensure that people post their reviews responsibly.
5.2 Reviews posted to our Site will be moderated (either by us or by a third-party acting on our behalf) before publication to try and ensure compliance with this Policy.
6.1 Content must:
• be accurate (where it states facts);
• accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and taste;
• be genuinely-held (where it states opinions); and
• comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which it is posted.
6.2 Content must not:
• refer to ALDI Products other than, where applicable, the product under review;
• refer to ALDI’s competitors, non-ALDI products, or the wider ALDI brand;
• constitute spam;
• give the impression of a connection between you and ALDI if this is not the case;
• consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
• promote or depict, obscene or sexually explicit material, violence or discrimination based on any characteristic;
• infringe any third party's legal rights (including any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right);
• be submitted in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• be submitted using an account which has been set up using incorrect or materially inaccurate information;
• be submitted using another user’s account;
• be libellous, defamatory, maliciously false, harassing, embarrassing or threatening;
• impersonate any person, or misrepresent their identity or affiliation with any person (including discrediting, removing or falsifying author credits from any content uploaded);
• be, or have ever been, the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint;
• be fraudulent, have a fraudulent purpose or effect, be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order; or
• endorse, or imply ALDI’s endorsement of, any political party.
7.1 We reserve the right to edit or remove any review submitted to our Site, stored on our servers, or hosted or published on our Site (whether or not made in compliance with this Policy), for any reason and without notice.
7.2 By submitting your e-mail address in connection with any content you submit on the Site, you agree that ALDI and its selected third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about that content and/or for related administrative purposes.
Further details can be found in our Privacy Notice, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
8.1 We will determine, at our absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Content Management Policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this Content Management Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
9.1 We will use reasonable efforts to moderate and remove content posted to our Site which violates this Content Management Policy. However, comments relating to you or your business may still be posted on our Site. You may feel that such comments are critical, defamatory or otherwise unlawful. Please refer to the “Contact Us” page of our Site if you would like to contact us to discuss any of the content on our Site.
10.1 This Policy is governed by Irish law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of it in the Irish courts only.
Please read these terms carefully before entering any competition (Competition).
1. Who we are
This page tells you the contractual terms and conditions on which you may enter the Competitions (the “Terms”).
Aldi Ireland is running the Competitions on Facebook and Twitter where Facebook Fans and/or Twitter Followers have the opportunity to win a limited number of vouchers or other items. The number of winners may vary depending on the nature of the Competitions.
The Competitions are being run through the use of Aldi Ireland’s Facebook page or Twitter page. Please read these Terms carefully before entering the Competitions. By entering the Competitions you are accepting the Terms and you are agreeing to abide by the Terms.
We recommend that, if you intend to enter the Competition, you print a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
The promoter is Aldi Stores (Ireland) Limited (Aldi Ireland), with the head of its advertising and marketing department situated at Newbridge Road, Naas, Co Kildare.
To enter the Competition all entrants must:-
a) Visit the Aldi Ireland Facebook page or follow Aldi Ireland on Twitter;
b) Successfully answer the question or complete the task on the Aldi Ireland’s Twitter or Facebook page; and
c) Be 18 years of age or over.
Any personal data which Aldi Ireland collects from entrants or that entrants provide to Aldi Ireland will be processed by Aldi in accordance with the Privacy Notice. Please see the Privacy Notice and paragraphs 27 (Publicity) and 28 (Privacy) for details of how your personal information will be used.
Entry is open to all residents of the Republic of Ireland except:
a) Aldi Ireland’s employees and their immediate families (such as children, parents, spouses, siblings, aunts, uncles and grandparents);
b) Employees, officers or agents of any companies associated with the Competitions; and/or
c) The Competitions are only open to entrants aged 18 years of age.
Competition running times:
a) The running times of the Competitions may vary depending on the specific nature of the competition. A post will be put up on Facebook or Twitter to notify all entrants when the Competitions are closed. Entrants received after the Competitions have closed will not be valid and will not be honoured.
b) Winners of the Competition will be chosen and contacted by Aldi Ireland through the Aldi Ireland Facebook page or Twitter page.
Entrant(s) must be aged 18 years or over and Aldi Ireland reserves the right to request written proof of identity and age from all entrants. By entering the Competitions entrants are confirming to Aldi Ireland that they are 18 years of age or over.
Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification from the Competitions.
Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Users can enter as many times as they like.
Aldi Ireland reserves the right to reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the Competitions.
Winners will be sent the prize directly to them at the address supplied by them or on request (and at the discretion of Aldi Ireland) winners may avail of the prize at a time that is agreed with Aldi Ireland.
In order to be eligible to receive the prize, winners may be requested (at Aldi Ireland’s discretion) to provide written proof of age such as a copy of a valid Passport or driving licence.
Competition winners will be informed by the Aldi Ireland Facebook page or Twitter page if they have been successful.
The winners of the Competitions shall be selected by Aldi Ireland. Aldi Ireland’s decision is final.
Aldi Ireland reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up if:
a) The winner is not eligible; or
b) The winner cannot reasonably be contacted by Aldi Ireland.
Aldi Ireland will negotiate with the chosen winner in good faith but reserves the right to terminate negotiations without having to give any reasons for doing so or incurring any liability to the winner.
The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Prizes not claimed within a specific time period (in this case four weeks from the date the Competition winners are announced) will be deemed to have been forfeited and Aldi Ireland may dispose of such prizes without any liability to the winner.
Winners of the Competitions consent to their image appearing in promotional media coverage (without additional compensation) resulting from publicity announcing the winner of the Competition, in Aldi Ireland’s in-store leaflets, on the Aldi Ireland website and on social media channels, including:
Aldi Ireland may require the right to use the winner’s image in additional marketing collateral and campaigns and the winners of the Competitions consent to the use by Aldi Ireland of his/her image in additional campaigns without additional compensation.
Aldi Ireland will not be required to give any profit share or any royalties from the sale of any Aldi Ireland products to the winner.
If Aldi Ireland fails to comply with these Terms it will be only responsible for the loss or damage which you suffer which is a foreseeable as a result of its breach of these Terms or its negligence. However, Aldi Ireland will not be responsible for loss or damage which is not foreseeable or which is outside of Aldi Ireland’s reasonable control. Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, Aldi Ireland accepts no responsibility for the supply or non-supply or delay in the supply of prizes including without limitation the failure of the winners to receive prizes. Competition winners are required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities with the specified details.
No responsibility or liability will be accepted by Aldi Ireland for entries that are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason or are in breach of the Terms. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid. In the event of any dispute including but not limited to entries the decision of Aldi Ireland will be final. Aldi Ireland reserves the right to change the prize details without notice and all prizes are subject to availability.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Irish law.
Entrants must not use the Competitions:
a) to breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; in any way that is fraudulent, or has a fraudulent purpose or effect;
b) to upload material which is obscene, offensive, sexually explicitor promotes violence;
c) to upload material in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
d) to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent their identity or affiliation with any person (including discrediting, removing or falsifying author credits from any material uploaded);
e) to abuse, defame, harass or threaten others;
f) to knowingly attempt to upload or attach malicious programs or software that may compromise others’ operating systems; or
g) to knowingly upload or post information that is in breach of intellectual property laws.
Aldi Ireland may remove entries from the Competition at any time if it believes that it has been made in breach of the Terms.
Discretion: Where these Terms refer to the exercise of any discretion by Aldi Ireland or its appointed judges such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions. Aldi Ireland, in particular, reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or withdraw the award of the prize if it believes it to have been a result of a breach of these Terms.
Publicity: Winners agree to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county and town of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Aldi Ireland relating to any post-winning publicity (including being shown on the Aldi Ireland Facebook page and Twitter account). Winners consent to their names and county of residence being announced on the Aldi Ireland Facebook and Twitter page for the general public to see. Aldi Ireland is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any promotional materials relating to the Competitions.
Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Aldi Ireland. Aldi Ireland may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments to the Competition as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
Cancellation of the Competitions: While Aldi Ireland will use every effort to ensure the Competitions are open until the intended closing date Aldi Ireland reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competitions in whole or in part at any time. If you have already entered the Competitions by that point we will notify you of the change via the email address which you supply to us when you enter the Competitions. Aldi Ireland will endeavour to give 7 days' notice of such a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. If this is not possible we shall give you as much notice as we reasonably can.
Entire Agreement: These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and Aldi Ireland in relation to your entry to the Competition, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Competition.
Other promotions: Any other specific promotions shown on Aldi Ireland’s Facebook and Aldi Ireland’s Twitter pages may be governed by their own separate terms and conditions if specifically stated by Aldi Ireland otherwise all competitions are governed in accordance with the Terms.
Applicable Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of Ireland and the Irish Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes.
Aldi Ireland is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which Aldi Ireland will process any personal data which it collect from you, or that you provide to Aldi Ireland, in respect of the Competitions. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By entering the Competitions you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Aldi Ireland will use this information in the following way and you consent to the following:
a) Your name and location: This may be used on Aldi Ireland’s Facebook wall and Twitter feed to publicly announce and promote winners of the Competitions as well as through other Aldi Ireland promotional activity (see Paragraphs 18 and 19 of the Terms).
Aldi and the IRFU have joined together to promote rugby as part of a healthy lifestyle in Ireland. The Aldi Play Rugby Programme is developed by the IRFU and is sponsored by Aldi.
To promote the Aldi Play Rugby Programme, the IRFU is offering primary schools and early secondary schools in the Republic of Ireland the chance to win a training session with Paul O’Connell in their own school which is sponsored by Aldi.
The training session can be won by PE teachers and school principals for a class within their primary school, early secondary schools and is open to all primary schools in the Republic of Ireland.
In order to enter the competition the PE teacher or principal must register their school for the Aldi Play Rugby Programme (click on this link www.irishrugby.ie/club/aldi-play-school-near-you to visit the IRFU/Aldi play rugby website to register your school).
Please note that the terms and conditions of the IRFU apply to the competition. The terms and conditions are available on the IRFU/Aldi Play Rugby website.
Aldi Stores (Ireland) Limited (Aldi)
Grow with Aldi 2020
Aldi is delighted to announce the launch of Grow with Aldi (Event), giving small suppliers a big chance. Aldi is searching for small and medium suppliers to present the best quality Irish products to go on sale at an annual Irish Food Market in its 140 stores nationwide.
Aldi wants suppliers to submit an application form detailing who they are and the product they are offering to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be reviewed by members of the Aldi buying director team and selected applicants will be called to discuss their ideas further before offering successful applicants the opportunity to have their product on sale nationwide as part of an annual special buy launch. Aldi will provide the successful applicants with guidance and advice from an experienced Aldi supplier.
Following the launch, a supplier will be picked to work with Aldi in listing their product in Aldi Stores Nationwide all year round.
All applications must be submitted before the closing date of 7th February 2020.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GROW WITH ALDI 2020
The terms and conditions which are set out below set out the terms and conditions on which the suppliers may enter Grow with Aldi and be in with a chance to sell their product as part of a special buy launch. The Event is open to suppliers in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Aldi wishes to promote the quality and provenance of Irish produce. Grow with Aldi is developed by Aldi and its partners.
HOW TO ENTER
1. To enter Grow with Aldi entrants must submit by way of covering email and application form their company name, profile and product description to email@example.com.
2. Entries will be reviewed by a team of experts. Successful applicants will be asked to submit samples of their product and attend a meeting as part of the second round of the Event, following which products will be selected for the launch.
3. All entries must be received by Aldi no later than 11.59pm on 7th February 2020.
4. The successful applicants will be contacted by email and/or telephone (using details provided at entry). In the event that an entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Aldi reserves the right to offer the place to another entrant.
5. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
6. Aldi’s employees, their families and any third party directly associated with the administration of the Event or relatives of any third party directly associated with the administration of the Event are excluded from this Event.
7. Entrants must declare when submitting their application if they are related to an Aldi employee their families and any third party directly associated with the administration of the Event or relatives of any third party directly associated with the administration of the Event.
EVENT RULES AND PROCEDURES
8. The closing date for Grow with Aldi is 11.59pm on 7th February 2020.
9. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered.
10. Aldi is not responsible for any technical failure or malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind or human error of any kind which may result in an entry being delayed, lost or not properly registered.
11. The entry must be made by the supplier of the product.
12. If selected for the second round of the Event, suppliers will be contacted by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) and meetings will take place at an agreed date.
13. The final list of products as part of the launch will be announced by 28th Feb 2020.
14. The successful applicants’ product must be available for sale on 31st May 2020 as part of the Grow with Aldi launch.
15. All products for sale must be in the suppliers own branding and must meet relevant quality and production standards as set out by Aldi’s legal and technical advisors who will be required by Aldi to approve the suppliers’ production facilities.
16. Aldi maintains the right to use the suppliers name and product images submitted as part of the Event for advertising purposes to include, but not limited to, social media, press, leaflets, instore point of sale.
17. Aldi may make product or supplier information available on social media for the purposes of carrying out a public poll where members of the public can vote for their preferred products.
18. If Aldi elects to operate a public poll on social media the outcome of the poll is not binding and does not determine whether a supplier’s product will be selected. The decision to list a product or products is solely at the discretion of the Aldi Buying Director team.
19. Suppliers must be able to fulfil orders for 140+ stores nationwide of approximately 2,000 to 12,000 units. This will be confirmed by Aldi in advance of production.
20. The supplier must be registered for value added tax (VAT) in the Republic of Ireland.
21. The supplier must be aged 18 years or over.
22. The product retail remains at the discretion of Aldi.
23. The Event is open to current and new suppliers.
24. Aldi will select suppliers and will select up to a maximum of seventy five (75) products.
25. Suppliers can enter no more than five (5) products.
26. The decision of Aldi and the judges regarding any aspect of the Event is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the Event.
27. Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Aldi reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
28. If any person is found to be in disregard of these terms and conditions then Aldi reserves the right to disqualify that person, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole discretion.
29. Aldi reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Event where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. Insofar as is permitted by law, Aldi, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any applicant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of an applicant being selected as a successful applicant except where it is caused by the negligence of Aldi, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
31. Personal data supplied during the course of this Event may be passed on to third parties only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Event.
32. The Event will be governed by Irish law and entrants to the Event submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
33. Successful suppliers will have to enter into an agreement with Aldi in advance of the suppliers’ product going on sale in Aldi’s stores.
34. Suppliers must specify on the application form the technical level their production facilities operate to (BRC/ HACCAP/ SALSA etc).
35. Applicants must specify on application if they are taking part in any other small supplier development program.
ALDI EASTER EGG TASTING OFFICER COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
For the Terms and Conditions for the Aldi Easter Egg Tasting Officer Competition, please click here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR ALDI SAVINGS CARDS
1.1 We are ALDI Stores (Ireland) Limited (Company No: 294035) (ALDI). Our registered office is at 67-68 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. Our VAT number is IE 8294035J.
1.2 These terms (Terms) set out the basis on which you may use ALDI Savings Cards, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. The Terms do not affect your legal rights. Use of the ALDI Savings Cards is governed by the Terms (details of which will be visible on the Site before the time of purchase) and the terms and conditions printed on each ALDI Savings Card.
1.3 Use of an ALDI Savings Card and the completion of the order process constitute your acceptance of these Terms.
2. USING YOUR ALDI SAVINGS CARD
2.1 ALDI Savings Cards:
(a) should be treated in the same manner as cash;
(b) can be used in any ALDI store in the Republic of Ireland;
(c) can be given freely to any other person (who ALDI will then consider the proper bearer of that ALDI Savings Card);
(d) are only valid for five years from the date of the last top up (any amount left on an ALDI Savings Card after this date shall be forfeited without notice to you);
(e) purchased in the Republic of Ireland cannot be used in ALDI’s stores other than ALDI’s stores in the Republic of Ireland;
(f) purchased in any country other than the Republic of Ireland cannot be used in ALDI’s stores in the Republic of Ireland;
(g) Can be credited to a maximum amount of €500 and can be topped up multiple times;
2.2 If the value of a purchase you make with an ALDI Savings Card is:
(a) greater than the balance of the ALDI Savings Card being used, you will need to pay the difference by alternative means; or
(b) less than the balance of the ALDI Savings Card being used, the remaining balance will remain on the ALDI Saving Card. Remaining balances less than €1.00 will be paid in cash.
2.3 You can check the balances of ALDI Savings Cards at checkouts in each ALDI store.
2.4 If any item purchased with an ALDI Savings Card is subsequently refunded or exchanged for an item of a lower value, ALDI may refund any money owed to you by adding it to the remaining balance on an ALDI Savings Card.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF YOUR ALDI SAVINGS CARD
3.1 ALDI Savings Cards:
(a) cannot be exchanged for cash, change, or ALDI gift cards;
(b) cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights (for example in the event they are faulty because they were not made to a satisfactory quality); and
(c) are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
3.2 ALDI Savings Cards cannot be used for the purchase of:
(a) lottery tickets, scratch cards or related material; or
(b) anything through ALDI’s website(s).
3.3 ALDI reserves the right to refuse to accept an ALDI Savings Card which ALDI believes has been duplicated or which ALDI otherwise suspects to be connected with fraudulent or malicious activity.
3.4 The ALDI Savings Card may be withdrawn by ALDI, without liability, in the event that ALDI suspects they are being used fraudulently, illegally, or otherwise in breach of the Terms.
3.5 ALDI reserves the right to limit the number of ALDI Savings Cards that can be included in an order or be ordered by any individual user of the Site.
3.6 ALDI does not accept orders for re-sale.
3.7 ALDI may transfer this agreement to someone else. ALDI may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. ALDI may engage third-party carriers to deliver, or make available for collection, the ALDI Savings Cards which you order. Such transfers will not affect your rights under these Terms.
4.1 ALDI will not:
(a) be held liable for lost or stolen ALDI Savings Cards (or any amounts held on such cards);
(b) keep money deposited on ALDI Savings Cards separate from its own funds; or
(c) pay interest on ALDI Savings Card balances.
4.2 ALDI Savings Card balances are not covered by any compensation scheme. Such sums may be lost in the unlikely event that ALDI becomes insolvent.
4.3 Subject to your legal rights as a consumer, ALDI reserves the right to: (a) amend these Terms at any time. ALDI may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Changes to these Terms will not affect any orders placed before those changes were uploaded to the Site. These Terms were last updated on 20 July 2021 and (b) take such actions in respect of the use and sale of ALDI Saving Cards that it, in its discretion, deems necessary to protect its commercial interests (including the cancellation or suspension of ALDI Savings Cards).
4.4 ALDI Savings Cards and these Terms are governed by Irish Law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts is applicable to any dispute in relation to these Terms and/or the ALDI Savings Cards.
5. PURCHASING AN ALDI SAVINGS CARD
5.1 How to buy a card. Cards will be available in store to purchase at the checkout
How to register your card. Log on to aldisavings.ie and follow the process to register your card.
5.2 When and how you must pay. ALDI accepts payment with Cash, Gift Cards, Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Maestro, Delta, Electron and MasterCard. ALDI will take payment when you click the ‘Pay Now’ option during the order process. This will typically show on your bank statement within 48 hours. ALDI reserves the right to check the validity of the credit or debit card, its credit status in relation to the order value and whether the address data of the purchaser is correct. ALDI may refuse or cancel payments depending on the result of these checks.
5.3 How ALDI will accept your sale. The completion of the order process does not constitute acceptance of the order. ALDI’s acceptance of your order will take place only when payment has been received and ALDI process your sale, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and ALDI on the basis of these Terms.
5.4 If ALDI cannot accept your sale. If ALDI is unable to accept your sale, ALDI will inform you of this and will not charge you for the ALDI Savings Cards.
5.5 ALDI may withdraw or recall ALDI Savings Cards. ALDI may write to you to let you know that it is going to withdraw or recall ALDI Savings Cards because it needs to, for example, investigate potential fraud. ALDI will give you as much notice as possible of such a withdrawal or recall. ALDI will refund any sums you have paid in advance for ALDI Savings Cards which will not be provided.
5.6 ALDI reserves the right to reject and/or cancel any order at any time with or without notice if you are found to be (or ALDI suspects you of) reselling the ALDI Savings Cards for commercial gain.
6 RETURNING ALDI SAVINGS CARDS AND REFUNDS
6.1 How to cancel. If you have the right to cancel the Contract under Clause 7 above then simply contact our Customer Services Team to complete the cancellation and arrange a collection / return of your ALDI Savings Cards on 1800 99 18 28 or using the details in Clause 12.
6.2 When we will pay the costs of return. ALDI will pay the costs of return if you cancel your order under Clause 7.1 or 7.2. In all other circumstances, you must pay the costs of return.
6.3 How we will refund you. Please note:
6.3.1 ALDI will typically refund you by the method you used to make payment;
6.3.2 Where ALDI Savings Cards are to be returned to ALDI, ALDI may defer any refunds until such point as it has received:
220.127.116.11 the returned or rejected ALDI Savings Cards back from you (which may take up to two weeks); or
18.104.22.168 evidence that you have sent the ALDI Savings Cards back to ALDI;
6.4 Deductions from refunds. ALDI may make deductions from refunds if the ALDI Savings Cards you return have been tampered with, or a successful return has been impeded as a result of your actions.
7 PRICE AND PAYMENT
ALDI is not liable for bank charges. ALDI is not responsible for any charges or other amounts which may be applied by your card issuer or bank or payment method provider as a result of ALDI’s processing of your credit/debit card payment or other method of payment in accordance with your order.
8 DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
8.1 Key information regarding how ALDI will use your personal information. ALDI will use the personal information you provide to it:
8.1.1 to supply your order to you; and
8.1.2 to process your payment for your order.
ALDI will not use the personal information which you provide through this Site for marketing purposes.
9 CONTACT ALDI
9.1 Contacting ALDI’s Customer Service Team. Please contact ALDI using the details below if you have any issues with your ALDI Savings Card. Our team of trained customer service representatives are available Monday to Saturday 8:00 to 20:00 and Sunday 10:00 to16:00. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1800 99 18 28). Please note it will help speed things up for you if you can provide details of your name, home address, order number and, if applicable, your phone number and e-mail address.
9.2 Who else can you talk to. If you have cause for concern, please contact us, as we are happy to help. If you have been in touch and are unhappy with our resolution, please let us know. If you remain unhappy with any final resolution, we are required to let you know about alternative dispute resolution (ADR). The European Union has established its own ADR platform, this can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.