Aldi are a verified member of the
Origin Green Programme
Emphasising its commitment to pursuing sustainable business practices, Aldi has signed up to the Origin Green sustainability charter and developed a comprehensive sustainability plan that sets out key sourcing, health and nutrition, social responsibility, waste emissions and energy targets.
Aldi has outlined clear targets which will be independently verified by Mabbet on an ongoing basis.
Established in 2012, Bord Bia’s Origin Green is the world’s first national food sustainability programme. It brings together national government, food producers and food retailers to achieve the common purpose of improving the sustainability of Ireland’s food production system. Many of the Irish suppliers Aldi partners with have committed to the programme also.
Some of our Key targets:
• Increase the amount of Irish suppliers by 10% by 2021
• 100% of our own label packaging will be recyclable, reusable or compostable by 2022
• Maintain 100% of our energy from renewable sources
• Increase our responsibly sourced products in the areas of palm oil, cocoa and fish
• Maintain zero waste direct to landfill
• 100% of fresh poultry, pork, beef and lamb sold in our stores are sourced from Bord Bia’s Quality Assurance Schemes
• Maintain the ISO50001 energy management certification
• 50% of our Irish listed food suppliers will be verified Origin Green Members
Learn more at origingreen.ie
Ireland’s food and drink supply chain
is an integral part of our business. We’re so proud to be acknowledged for our efforts in bringing our customers the highest quality ranges.
Our other initiatives