Another spooktacular food idea for Halloween, Stuffed Spaghetti Scary Pepper.
4 mixed colour Peppers
200g Cucina Spaghetti
20ml Solesta Olive Oil
150g Butternut Squash flesh
1 small Onion
100g Chestnut Mushrooms
1 x 400g tin Sweet Harvest Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
1 Quixo Vegetable Stock Cube
200ml boiling Water
1 flat tsp Stonemill Garlic Granules
Splash of Sunflower Oil
1. Cut the tops off the peppers and carefully remove any pith and seeds from inside – keep the tops for use in a salad another day.
2. With a small sharp knife, cut some faces into the sides of the peppers.
3. Peel, halve and finely chop the onion.
4. Wipe and finely chop the mushrooms.
5. Finely chop the butternut squash.
6. Sauté the onion in the olive oil in a large saucepan for about 5 minutes on a low light until softened but not brown. Add the mushrooms and the butternut squash and stir, cooking for another couple of minutes.
7. Add the tinned tomatoes and the garlic granules.
8. Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and add this to the pan.
9. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in some boiling salted water with a splash of sunflower oil until just tender – about 5 minutes.
11. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and mix well.
12. Carefully fill the pepper faces with the mix, allowing it to spill out of the eyes, mouth and nose – and ending up with a spaghetti hair do.