- A fun and easy idea that will make your gift wrapping extra special! What you need? Plain tags, paint, ribbon, glue and a little foot. Paint and press on to the card, making sure to get a good toe print. Use the paint to add antlers nose and ears.
- What a super cute way to hang up your cards. Let the kids get creative with some wooden pegs, paint, pom poms, ribbon and whatever else you have to hand. These will also make really fun place holders.
- All you need is a square piece of paper and a crafty mind. Fold the paper in half twice. Cut some straight and/or curvy lines into the edges. Then unfold to reveal your unique snowflake design.
- What a fun way to celebrate the season! They’re easy to make and decorate and are a wonderful activity for the kids.
Collect your materials
You will need a wreath ring or floristry wire, green twine and moss, some hardy, textured foliage, such as ivy, evergreen oak, herbs, pinecones, twigs and rose hips.
Add your moss
Form a base with the moss, moulding onto the ring in one direction. Then cut off some wire, ribbon or string (depending on style) to create a hanging loop and twist until secure.
Add your foliage
Pre-cut your foliage and add one at a time. Finish off by wrapping with festive red ribbon. Fir cones, dried oranges and cinnamon sticks also look great and create a delicious festive aroma.
- An oldie but a goodie. A lovely idea for Christmas cards. Your children will have great fun learning how to make cute stamps out of potatoes!
- Leftover ribbon and scraps of trim are great for styling your gifts, so don’t throw them away! If you don’t have enough to wrap around the box, simply layer them on top of each other to add a little extra something to your gift.
- Instead of spending money on lots of new wrapping, collect old newspapers, paper bags, and even maps. They make a thrifty and unique way to wrap your gifts.
- There’s always a much funner way to wrap gift cards. Disguise it in an old mug, add some chocolates and decorate or use an empty jar with some tissue paper and ribbon.