Bread Baking Competition 2022
ALDI Ireland is delighted to sponsor The National Brown Bread Competition, in association with the National Ploughing Association (NPA) and the Irish Country Women’s Association (ICA).
The competition is open to the public. All entrants will be asked to drop off their freshly baked bread at one of the prescribed ALDI stores. Entry to the competition is free.
Entrants will submit a pre-baked brown bread to one of the nine locations outlined below for judging in July and August 2022.
Monday 18th July 09:00- 11:00
• ALDI Head Office Naas, Birch House, Millennium Park, Osberstown, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 YX71.
• ALDI Swords, 10 Seatown Rd, Townparks, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 V2N7.
• ALDI Athlone, Golden Island, Ankers Bower, Athlone Co. Westmeath N37 FC04.
Thursday 28th July 09:00- 11:00
• ALDI Macroom, Oakwood, Sleveen East, Macroom, Co. Cork, P12 ER89.
• ALDI, Newcastle West, , Co. Limerick, V42 KD35.
• ALDI, Main Street, Gort, Co. Galway, H91 PV44.
Thursday 4th August 09:00- 11:00
• ALDI New Ross, Marshmeadows, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Y34 NP48.
• ALDI Castlebar, Lannagh Rd, Garryduff, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 TV29.
• ALDI Cavan, Dublin Rd, Tullymongan Upper, Cavan, H91PK29.
Bakers will be chosen to go through to the finals where they will bake their Brown Bread live in front of the judges.
The judge’s decision in all competitions shall be final and binding on all competitors and the fact of entering shall be deemed an acceptance of this rule.
Details of ingredients allowed are addressed in our FAQ’s - Please click here to view.
Is your homemade brown bread a winning loaf?
Step 1: Entrants bake bread at home and drop for tasting and judging on the dates and locations outlined here. Please note, bread has to be clearly labelled with your name, address, email address and contact number. Regional winners will go through to the National finals on the 22nd September 2022.
No entries will be taken outside the times and locations specified above. Winning entrants will be contacted by Friday, August 12th. Unfortunately, no feedback will be provided to unsuccessful entries. Queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: The top Brown Bread bakers will go through to the finals where they will bake their Brown Bread live in front of the judges from 20th - 22nd September 2022.
*The winner’s brown bread will be stocked in all 150 ALDI stores nationwide.
Rules of the Brown Bread Competition 2022:
1. Each competitor will produce a home baked brown bread. A 2 lb loaf tin must be used. Ingredients that are allowed are listed below. Competitors must use ingredients purchased from ALDI. Any ingredients not available for purchase in ALDI must be listed and presented in non-branded containers. Competitors may bring their own baking tin should they reach the Finals.
2. Competitors must be over the age of 18 years on 1st January 2022.
3. Professional chefs are excluded from competing.
4. Competitors please note that at the National Finals, competitors will be obliged to use the ingredients supplied by ALDI on the day. Any ingredients not available in ALDI must be listed and presented in non- branded containers.
5. Each finalist will be required to submit their final recipe before the National Finals to ensure all ingredients can be used by our production bakery of choice. Competitors must be available on the days of the competition - On the 20th - 22nd September 2022.
Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the Promotor or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Previous National Winners are excluded from taking part.